Kansas Mural Workshop
A week-long intensive workshop, with internationally recognized muralist Dave Loewenstein, that will lead participants through all of the technical and organizing skills needed to develop a successful mural project.
Over the course of the week, participants will learn:
· History of the community mural movement
· Contemporary trends in community engaged public art
· How to organize, fund, and promote a community-mural project
· How to work with city representatives and develop contracts
· The basics of team organizing, research and design
· How to transfer your design, prepare the wall and plan community painting
· The importance of a culminating event and mural maintenance
All of this will be taught through an actual mural project, for a downtown Hutchinson location that participants will work on over the course of the week.
Artists, teachers, community organizers, arts councils and students should sign-up for this rare opportunity to learn from one of the leading muralists working today.
June 15 - 21, 2015 in Hutchinson, Kansas
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application. Submit your application by June 5th. Participants will be limited to 20. Fee includes all materials. Applicants with financial hardship may be eligible for scholarships.
To find out more about Loewenstein’s work and approach, go to: